Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Famicom

Found famicom (Japanese name for NES, short for family computer) cartridges (we call them cassettes) at my parents' house.

Donkey Kong

Mario Bros.

Tennis
Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. (maybe Tennis too) are my first NES cartridges back in 1983 or 1984 when I was a 4th grader. They had a very simple design back then.

Golf
Simple and fun.

Ikki
Farmers riot (ikki) game. I believe this one was never released outside Japan.

Super Mario Bros.
I have no idea why I have two of them.

The Tower of Druaga
A legendary game from Namco.

The Tower of Babel
My favorite puzzle game. Move/drop/stack L shaped blocks to find an entrance to the higher floors.

Final Fantasy
The very first release of Final Fantasy series. It was considered as a fake Dragon Quest first but it didn't take time to get popularity. I liked it till the series 6.

Takeshi no Chousenjo
Known as the worst crappy game in Nintendo's history. I cannot explain how crappy it is. Most people came to know about this game because of its crappiness many years later but I'm proud I paid damn good money for it when it was released.

Dragon Quest IV
The 4th release of Dragon Quest series (released as Dragon Warrior in the US), the most popular game in Japan. Its charcter design is by Akira Toriyama, the Dragon Ball guy, throughout the serires.

Gradius
My favorite shooter.

Dragon Buster
I picked it up just because it has a nice looking golden cartridge. Good game though.


I have no idea what happened to this guy. It looks like some soldering work on it. If my memory serves me correctly, it's Spartan X, a kung-fu game, though the drawing indicates some kind of shooter.

There should be more of these somewhere. I have to find them during holidays. Yes, we're in week-long national holidays from today.

No comments: